Monday, 9 April 2012

First Five Years


9-Apr-2012

Time just flies…

Today I’ve completed 5 years with Deloitte…5 years since my first day at work….
I distinctly remember, I started on a Good Friday from my hometown and landed up in the City of Pearls (for me it will always be City of Pearls because every time I went home, I carried a bunch of pearl necklaces and that’s how everyone in my family related to Hyderabad)

Thanks to Deloitte…last 5 years was absolutely the brilliant phase of my life, the best anyone can get in their first five years of corporate world.  …Seen all the ups and downs…Like all aspiring and budding professionals, I had set myself timelines, milestones, short-term and long-term goals. Too early to get to those long-term goals but all short-term goals are ticked off both personally and professionally. J
And this is just the beginning. And it feels I’ve been working for ages.

My Journey – 5 Years

Two famous quotes that sum up my journey of 5 years.
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new”. - Albert Einstein
This one is from Michael Jordan: I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
I did well so far and I say that because I have made lots of mistakes in this tenure on both professional and personal fronts, but have not succumbed to them. Rather I picked up my learnings and moved ahead.
Thanks to all my mentors who taught me this brilliant lesson…
“Failure is deceptive. If you focus on the failure, it can make you feel that you are doomed. Instead pick up the learning attached to failures. Success is directly proportional to the mistakes  made and the failures, you are able to overcome.”

So it’s time to set new goals. What I need to be doing for the next 5 years, where I see myself going and what I want to be doing. Time for some career introspection!

No comments:

Post a Comment